Yesterday we were dumped on yet again! The snow was so beautiful as it covered every square inch of our back yard. Every tree limb, fence post, and barn door was blanketed with the wet, wintry mix.
Here was my view as I danced in the kitchen for a snow day!
Luckily, my employer told everyone to work from home today, so I was able to enjoy the view from the warmth of my home! I was so excited for a snow day and thought what better way to celebrate being cooped up inside, than a warm, country breakfast!
My farmer funny-man was in his house slippers soaking up every last minute of warmth before going out to check on the calves in this frigid weather!
We had both been craving pancakes this past week so I thought with a little extra time this morning I would deliver!
Fluffy Cinnamon Ricotta Pancakes
- 1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 tbsp. melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 c. milk
- 1/2 c. ricotta cheese (low-fat/part skim)
- cooking spray
- Dash of cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
1) Sift together the flour, salt, sugar, and baking powder in a large bowl.
2) Whisk in the egg, melted butter, vanilla, cinnamon, and milk until combined.
3) Stir in the ricotta and then let batter set for a few minutes.
4) Pre-heat skillet over med-high heat. Spray with cooking spray. Use a measuring cup to divide the batter as you place in hot skillet (I used 1/2 c. per pancake).
5) After batter is in hot skillet, turn after a few minutes or when bubbles begin to appear on top and edges begin to set-up.
6) Cook until golden on both sides.
Serve with butter and warm maple syrup. Makes about 10 pancakes.
After we enjoyed a delicious breakfast and cleaned up the dishes… the power goes out!!!
No power = no coffee!
Snowy roads = no coffee!
Never fear! A determined, resourceful, stockpiling caffeine addict will always find a way!
When forced to think outside the box, terrific things can happen! Here is my delectable little discovery. I will have to remember this one when summer rolls around… if it will ever come again…
Cinnamon & Vanilla Iced Latte
- 1 packet Starbuck’s instant brew (extra bold)
- 1/4 c. water
- 1 c. milk
- 1/2 tbsp. sugar (or sweetener of your choice)
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- dash of cinnamon
1) Pour packet into the bottom of a tall glass. Mix in the water and stir until smooth and dissolved.
2) Add the sugar, cinnamon, milk and vanilla and stir. (cinnamon will not dissolve)
3) Add ice to the glass and enjoy with a fun straw of your choice!
Throw it in a mason jar for a drink on the go! Makes 1 serving.
What a great SNOW DAY! Seriously, does it get any better than this!?! Power is out but Pinterest and I still had a date in front of the fireplace!
(Follow me on Pinterest @ “The Rustic Honey”)
If you are snowed in, I hope you are enjoying the time to sit back and relax. It is nice to know our world can pause for a little while!