The past few weeks of cold weather have made me crave some serious comfort food! Here is another one of our favorites.
Cowboy Approved: Country Drop Biscuits with sausage, eggs and gravy! When you make a breakfast this good it can be shared morning, noon or night!
These biscuits are so quick and easy. They sure beat the ones out of a can!
Country Drop Biscuits
- 3 c. all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3/4 c. butter
- 1 1/4 c. milk
1) In a large bowl stir together flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
2) Add butter (cold) and using a fork or whisk mash mixture until it resembles a coarse crumb mixture.
3) Make a well in the center of the mixture and add milk. Stir until moistened.
4) Drop the dough by spoonfuls onto a greased baking sheet.
5) Bake at 450 degrees for about 10-12 minutes or until golden.
Serve for breakfast with sausage gravy or as a side at dinner. (Makes about 12-15 biscuits)
These will melt in your mouth when fresh out of the oven!
Copper wants country drop biscuits too!
Have a great weekend ya’ll!