It’s hard to believe it is officially SPRING! It has been snowing here again this week!
I’m so ready for warmer weather!
This past week, I thought we would grill a pizza for dinner. Sounded so good and last week we were spoiled with longer days and warm sunshine. Now, we are back to snow and ice! WHAT IS THIS PLACE?!? MISSOURI?!?
So obviously, it was not grilling weather but I was set on pizza… so pizza it was!!!
Easy Philly Pizza that is! We are big fans of Philly cheese steak sandwiches so I thought why not use up some pizza dough I had been keeping in the freezer and make an easy Philly pie!
Easy Philly Pizza
Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Pizza Dough (I used Trader Joe’s whole wheat. Use your favorite!)
- 4 Wedges Laughing Cow Cheese – Swiss
- 2 small yellow onions, chopped
- 1/2 c. chopped red bell pepper (1/2 of a large red bell)
- 1 small can mushrooms (can use fresh – saute in with onions)
- 1/2 lb. roast beef (I used medium-well from the deli)
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella and provolone mix
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- garlic salt to taste
- (Optional) – au jus sauce for dipping
- Saute the onions in the oil on medium heat for about 15 minutes. Then add the red bell pepper and continue to saute until onions are caramelized (another 10-12 minutes). Remove from heat and stir in the Worcestershire sauce.
- While onions are cooking, place dough on greased pan and pierce several places with a fork.
- Cut wedges of laughing cow swiss into small cubes and place on top of dough.
- Bake the dough and soften the cheese for a couple of minutes in the oven. Remove and spread the softened cheese across the dough.
- Now, top with onion mixture, mushrooms, meat and shredded cheese.
- Sprinkle with garlic salt.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until warm and melty!
Makes about 6-8 servings. For an extra punch of flavor, my cowboy suggested dipping this in au jus sauce like the french dip philly sandwiches I made awhile back! YUM!!!
He is such a thinker! Haha!
Okay, stop drooling… AND TRY THIS!
We will be making this again for sure! I hope you love it as much as we did!
Have a great weekend!
– Rustic Honey