Happy May Day!
It is hard to believe it is already May 1st! The weather here has been up and down and up and down…
And honestly, I’m completely tired of hearing the S-WORD!!!
SNOW should not be in the forecast for May in Missouri! Anyway, I hope you are enjoying a little sunshine today wherever you may be!
To my sweet surprise today, I found a little message from Charlotte (Commitment to Fitness). She has nominated my blog for the Liebster Award! I am so unbelievable flattered, thank you Charlotte!
The rules for the Liebster Award are as follows:
- List 11 Random Facts about myself
- Answer 11 questions that Charlotte wrote for me
- Pass the torch by nominating 11 bloggers
- Create 11 questions for my nominees
- Display the Liebster Award logo
Charlotte has shared her answers today on her blog. I will be posting my answers very soon! Stay-tuned!
In the meantime, I’d like to share a quick project for Mother’s Day! (Mom, stop reading here! haha!)
I have been loving all of the “nest” necklaces I have been seeing on Pinterest lately and thought it would make a great Mother’s Day gift! I used two beads to represent my sister’s and my birthstones. My sister thought it would be the perfect gift because we have been teasing my mom about having empty-nest syndrome lately.
If your mother is anything like mine, she will enjoy a handmade gift. I remember when my sister and I were much younger, my mom said her favorite gifts were the things we made her… like our school artwork and handmade cards with sweet little messages… and often times a written coupon for a free back rub! I think to this day she will appreciate a handmade gift. So here is how it came together:
DIY Birthstone Nest Necklace
What you need:
1) Jewelry wire
2) Small pliers (could do this project without – it just makes it easier)
3) Beads/Stones (hole at center for stringing) in your birthstone colors
4) Necklace (or chain to make the necklace)
1) Take the end of the wire spool and thread the birthstone bead #1 onto the wire and give yourself enough slack to add the other beads. Twist to secure the first bead onto that end. Add bead#2 and slide up to the first bead and twist around to secure. Continue for any remaining birthstone beads.
2) Hold the attached beads with your thumb and index finger and use your other hand to wrap around the beads in a circular motion to create the nest effect. Once you have built a good nest, cut away from the wire spool.
3) Cut several smaller pieces of wire to weave into the nest. This makes it look more like a nest and helps it all hold together. (I used three additional small pieces to complete my nest).
4) String onto your necklace and wear it proudly or wrap it up for the perfect Mother’s Day gift!
This project was very fast and fairly easy! I hope my mom will love it!
Have a great May Day!