As I mentioned in my last post, a fellow blogger, Charlotte at Commitment to Fitness, has nominated my blog for the Liebster Award! I am so unbelievable flattered, thank you again for the nomination!
As Charlotte explains in her post, the “Liebster Award is given to new bloggers (those with under 200 followers) by another blogger who deems the aforementioned bloggers to be up-and-comers and “ones to watch.”
The rules for the Liebster Award are as follows:
- List 11 Random Facts about myself
- Answer 11 questions that Charlotte wrote for me
- Pass the torch by nominating 11 bloggers
- Create 11 questions for my nominees
- Display the Liebster Award logo
So here goes…
11 Random Facts About Me:
NOTE: I am never good at remembering random things about myself for questions such as this. I’ve learned to turn to my friends for their observations. Everyone should try this! Ask your friends! It is funny how others can point them out for you!
- I grew up in a town with less than 400 people.
- My high school class had only 9 students.
- I was an all-state basketball player in High School and played for a short time in college.
- I like almost all genres of music. However, I absolutely love very small, red- dirt country concerts!
- I call into radio show contests at least once a day for concert tickets and giveaways! (I used to commute long hours so it was my entertainment on my way to work! HA!)
- Dessert is my absolute favorite part of any meal. I would almost always prefer to skip dinner just to have a big dessert!
- I like to sing… actually, I like to full-on perform… when I’m the only one home! You’ll never see it, haha!
- I’ll have a Coke, please! It is just so nostalgic to me!
- We go to church every Sunday and pray before every meal.
- I like to read cookbooks. It is a weird obsession of sorts… maybe I’m just hungry.
- Peanut M&M’s are my favorite candy. My sister and I have this tradition to take Copper for rides in her old truck and split a bag of peanut M&M’s from the gas station in town (yes, the gas station… there is only one after all!)
Wow that was random for sure! Thanks for hanging in there with me!
Here are my answers to Charlotte’s questions:
1. How many siblings do you have and where do you fall in birth order?
- I am the oldest of two girls. My little sister is my best friend. She knows me like the back of her hand.
2. What is your most embarrassing childhood memory? (stolen from Beth, because that’s an awesome question)
- This is a tough one! I wish I had a great story to share! The only story that comes to mind actually happened to me when I was a freshman in high school. I played point guard on our varsity team that year. It was right before half-time and I was bringing the ball down the court for one last play. I had some defensive pressure on me and glanced at the clock to check the time. I only had two seconds so I launched a desperation shot near the half-court mark. I “air-balled” the shot, it hit the floor and rolled out-of-bounds. The funny thing is the buzzer never sounded! It turns out, there were actually 7.2 seconds left on the clock when I launched the ball towards the basket! I was so embarrassed. The other team got the ball back right before half-time. It was not so funny at the time but my friends still joke about it to this day.
3. What is your favorite junk food snack?
- I love french onion dip with potato chips. I hardly ever eat it but when I do it reminds me of summer days at my grandma’s house. We would eat the chips and dip with those mini cans of coke! So good!
4. If you were a super hero, what would your name be?
- The Amazing List-Maker… okay, so not so clever but it sums it up! I make lists for everything! I laugh about it but I really need to rely on my internal memory more often!
5. What is one thing you can not live without?
- Family… and ice cream. HA! I can’t imagine life with a better family and now husband. They are so loving and supportive of everything I do! Oh, and I love ice cream…would be sad if I could never have it again!
6. What was your undergrad major and does it relate to what you’re doing now?
- I went to school for Fashion Marketing and Management (buying/merchandising degree). I am currently buying and designing men’s jeans for a living.
7. If you were a sitcom character, which one would you be?
- This is a hard question for me. We hardly watch TV anymore so I’m not sure who I would choose. However, when the progressive commercials first came out with “Flo,” I had a friend tell me she reminded him of me! HA! Obviously, I can be a bit of a dork at times!
8. If you could get any celebrity to play you in the movie of your life, who would you choose?
- This is tough as well! I think I’m going to choose Sandra Bullock. I think she seems very genuine and down-to-earth… a Rustic Honey perhaps!?! We don’t look much alike but I think she would play the role well. I imagine it similar to Hope Floats…
9. Would you rather win an Emmy, an Oscar, a Tony or a Grammy?
- Grammy award for sure! I was born to be on a stage! I grew up singing and dancing on the coffee table for anyone who would listen.
10. If you could go on a one month vacation starting tomorrow, where would you go?
- Considering it is snowing here right now… IN MAY…I would love to be whisked away to an exotic island! A very warm, sun-filled, breath-taking island! I would like to visit Bora Bora or Fiji! NEED SUNSHINE!
11. Are you a morning, afternoon and/ or evening exerciser?
- I love to get my workout in first thing in the morning! I love feeling so accomplished and energized before my day even really begins.
Here are my nominees for the Liebster Award:
NOTE: I might be breaking the rules slightly because I’m not sure how many followers some of you have! Either way, I enjoy your work and think you should be honored!
And here are my questions for you:
1) What would you do if you won the lottery?
2) If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life what would it be?
3) What is your favorite meal of the day?
4) If you could live anywhere in the world where would you go?
5) What was the last DIY project or craft you did?
6) What is your favorite holiday and why?
7) Coke or Pepsi? Apple or Mac? Pen or Pencil?
8) What is your favorite blogging memory thus far?
9) Are you an early riser or a night owl?
10) What was the last recipe you tried… or pinned?
11) What is the best gift you have ever received and what was the worst?
What a fun award! Thank you again for the nomination! I feel like a learned a little about myself while answering these!
Hope you enjoy and have a great weekend ya’ll!