Hope you all had a great Memorial Day Weekend!
Memorial weekend has always been a huge celebration in my hometown. Friends and family line the streets for the parade on Saturday afternoon. Kids run up and down main street to gather as much candy as they can possibly get their hands on.
Clubs, schools, organizations, and high-school class reunion floats file in, wave, and throw candy to the kiddos. Every year is a reminder of my love for this small town.
This place we call home. This weekend, we celebrate and remember!
I enjoyed all of the festivities over the weekend! There was so much going on around town! I enjoyed spending time with family and friends I hadn’t seen in a while. We watched the parade, ate some barbecue and fried fish, and danced the night away to live music on main street! I was one happy girl!
I am thinking every weekend should be three days!
I wanted to take some time to share with you a SUPER quick – SUPER easy – SUPER delicious recipe from my weekend! Pinwheels are an easy appetizer for a crowd… and this weekend, I needed an easy crowd-pleaser to share with family and friends.
Easy Southwest Pinwheels
- 8-10 tortillas shells (flour or whole-wheat)
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese
- 5 oz. (1/2 can) diced tomatoes and green chiles (I used Rotel – medium)
- 1/2 c. sour cream (or substitute plain greek yogurt)
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1 c. Colby Jack shredded cheese
- Salt to taste
- Mix cream cheese, onion powder, salt, sour cream and Rotel together in a medium bowl. Add Colby Jack cheese.
- Spread a layer of the cheese mixture onto each tortilla.
- Roll up the tortillas.
- Slice into bite-size pieces (discard the ends… or enjoy a few before the party!)
- NOTE: For easy slicing – refrigerate the rolled up tortillas for a few hours before slicing into bite-size pieces.)
Serve with salsa for dipping. ENJOY!
Here is the play-by-play:
Next time you are in a hurry or have few ingredients on hand, try these easy pinwheels. You will not be disappointed!