Today I am sharing a small DIY project I did for the Ditto DIY Challenge I found through Kelly’s blog – Along The Way.
Every month 10 bloggers are pulling together their best DIY design ideas based on an inspirational photo. And they are inviting other bloggers (like muah) to join in the fun!
This month’s theme is “Go for the Gold”and this was the photo for inspiration.
I came across this challenge this past Friday so I didn’t have a ton of brainstorming or crafting time! Look at me… I’m already making excuses!
However, I did attempt to think outside the box with some unconventional crafting materials – Aquarium plants!
Here is how I created these DIY Golden Succulents for my little office.
What you need:
- Aquarium Plants (I used $3 pack from Wal-Mart)
- Glass Containers (I used juice glasses from my husband’s bachelor days!)
- Gold Metallic Spray Paint
- Stones, Dragon Tears, or Pebbles of choice
- Spray the plants thoroughly with gold paint. Allow to dry.
- Apply two coats – may have to turn over to cover all areas.
- Sit one plant in each glass when dry and cover base and bottom with stones.
I thought the succulents looked like the perfect desk decor. I placed them under my lamp on my thrifted ironing board desk in my office/sewing room. I think they are growing… Who would have thought $3 aquarium plants could look so good?!?
With gold paint stuck on my fingernails… I bid you a great week DIYers!