I love making handmade cards and gift tags! I think it takes a gift to the next level with a personal and unique touch.
Here is an easy DIY tea-stained gift tag perfect for Father’s Day!
I used this tag on the cookies I made my dad last week for his birthday.
What you need:
- Shipping tag (found at most office supply stores)
- Burlap or fabric of choice (get creative with colors and patterns based on the recipient)
- Sewing machine (could be hand-stitched as well)
- Letter stamps or typewriter for message or recipients name
- Tea, coffee or coke
- Place the tag in a shallow bowl and cover with tea (or in this case, coke)
- Soak for about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove, wrinkle the tag in your hands and place back into the liquid.
- Soak another 2-3 minutes
- Remove from liquid and carefully unfold. Leave slightly wrinkled and allow to dry completely on a paper towel.
- Once dry, the tag should be tea-stained and wrinkled.
- Place your message on the tag. (I put my message at the bottom right hand side.)
- Sew a small piece of fabric across the top/center of the tag.
- Tie onto your gift and send with love.
– Rustic Honey