I hope everyone had a great Independence Day!
It was so good to spend time with family and friends this past weekend! Time has been flying by and truth is, I missed you! It has been a while since my last post! Thanks for sticking with me!
So today, I wanted to stop in and share another quick recipe to impress backyard barbecue goers… even if it was thrown together at the last-minute. Not that I’m ever last-minute with anything… no, not me… never!
For the surprise guests, for the backyard barbecue on a whim, for your quick summer appetizing pleasure – here you are:
Mexican Corn Dip
- 1 can Mexican corn, drained
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can diced green chilis
- 1/4 c. diced red bell pepper
- 1 tsp. onion powder (or 1/4 chopped onion)
- 1/2 c. mayo (choice – I used mayo with olive oil)
- 1/2 c. sour cream (choice – I used light sour cream)
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Serve with Fritos corn chips and/or tortilla chips
1. Combine corn, chilis, red pepper and beans in a bowl.
Serve with tortilla chips and Fritos scoops.
CAUTION: This recipe grows and will make a large batch! I doubled the recipe for a big party and ended up with a huge amount of dip!
Great recipe for a crowd! It gets many compliments!
Have a great week ya’ll!
– Rustic Honey